Seashop Carbon monoxide alarm
Ref Seashop: 29486
Ref Manufacturer: 29486
Completely odourless and colourless, carbon monoxide (CO) is produced by the combustion of fuels, therefore common with appliances such as heater, cooker, engine exhaust... According
to the degree of concentration in the air, symptoms start with a simple headache, reach nausea within 2 or 3 hours, and can result in death after only 1 to 3 minutes in the worst cases.
What makes carbon monoxide such an insidious killer is that you can't see it, and you can't smell it.
Besides, the first symptoms of CO poisoning are very similar to those of seasickness :
• 200 ppm* : headache, tiredness, dizziness, nausea within 2 to 3 hours.
• 800 ppm * : dizziness, nausea and convulsions within
45 minutes ; unconsciousness within 2 hours ; death within 2 to 3 hours.
• 1600 ppm* : headache, dizziness and nausea within 20 minutes ; death within 1 hour.
• 6400 ppm* : headache, dizziness and nausea within 2 to 3 minutes ; death within 10 to 15 minutes.
• 12800 ppm* : death within 1 to 3 minutes.
The detector should be placed in the same room or cabin that has an appliance likely to produce CO. Extremely simple installation : free standing or wall mounted. Ideal for boats, the carbon monoxide detector is also perfectly adapted to residential use (kitchen, boiler or heat exchanger, fire place...).
* Concentration in the air : parts per million.